Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Breastfeeding Story: A Breastfeeding Carnival Post Day 2

breastfeedingcafecarnival 
Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival! This post was written as part of the Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about your breastfeeding (when you were a baby!) story. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th-31st!

I was breastfed as a baby.  I was fed on demand, which my mom told me was for about an hour every 4 hours.  She weaned me when I was around 8 or 9 months and was teething and bit.  Because of this biting scared me but we talked about it in a LLL meeting and I learned about it in Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.  I learned how to handle the situtation and somewhat prevent it before it even happened.

Growing up I saw my aunt and neighbors breastfeed so it was normal to me.  I always knew that when I had a baby that I would breastfeed.  My ultimate goal is for my children to also grow up seeing that it is normal so that they will be supportive of breastfeeding mothers and hopefully my daughter will also choose to breastfeed her babies.

Newborn little Ashley with my Mama

Tell me about your breastfeeding story!

Here are more posts by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment