Friday, May 27, 2011

Flats Challenge Day 4-A leak, A wash

A quick link back to the rules.

Day 4 started with a leak. Not much else happened until it was time to wash at night. I gave Monkey a bath early so I could watch So You Think You Can Dance (I'm so lame :) ) and just get him to bed at some point which ended up being right after it got over. Baby K's teeth are bugging him so he didn't nurse much. He kept pulling off and when I'd rub his gums he would be happy.

I tried using the breathable washer and won't go back to washing completely by hand.  I let the diapers soak in a bucket for a couple hours in cold and tried to pull a little water through them.  I then took them all out and rinsed the bucket.  I ran hot water in the tub and added 1 Tbs Rockin Green and scrubbed the poopy diaper against itself.  I then plunged the mobile washer for about 10 minutes.  I squeezed the water out of the diapers and put them in the bucket to the side of the tub.  I drained the tub and rinsed it out well.  Then I ran cold water and put them in.  Plunged for 5 minutes.  Took them out, squeezed them while draining the tub.  Ran cold water again and plunged for 5 minutes.  I took them out and squeezed really well to hang them.

I'll wash covers today.



No comments:

Post a Comment