Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Themes for Tot School

I decided to put together a post with ideas for themes for Tot School (mainly to help me be organized but you're welcome to use any/all from the list!).  The list is compiled from my head, from other blogs that I've browsed, library story time themes, etc.  If I can remember where to give the credit I will.  I will also link to posts for a week if we use the theme (please be patient with me while I try to do this-it will probably take some time to go through all my posts to link everything together). (Yes the letters themselves are also theme ideas!)


A
America/Patriotic
Animals (you can even break this apart to Zoo Animals, etc)
April
August
Apples
Airplanes
B
Birthdays
Body Parts (don't forget to get the Teeth Book, Ear Book, etc for this theme!)
Butterflies and Caterpillars
C
Caterpillars and Butterflies
Christmas
City/Downtown
Colors
Counting/Numbers
D
December
Downtown/City
Dinosaurs

E
Easter
Elephant

F
Fall/Autumn
Farm
Feelings
February
Flowers/Plants/Spring life
Food
Fruit
G
Gingerbread Men/Women
Giraffe

H
Habitats
Halloween
I
Ice Cream
Igloo
J
January
June
July
K
L
M
Machines/Big Machines
March
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
May
N
Noah's Ark
November
O
Ocean/ocean animals
October
P
Pirates
Q
R
S
Senses
September
Shapes
Shelters (people or animals)
Snow
Spring
St. Patrick's Day
Summer
T
Thanksgiving/Pilgrims
Trains/Planes/Cars
U
V
Valentine's Day
Vegetables
W
Water
Weather
We're All the Same Inside
Winter
X
Y
Z
Zoo Animals


For more information about Tot School and to see other great Tot School blogs click the button below
Tot School

No comments:

Post a Comment