Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cloth Diapers-Flats challenge

Everything in our lives is part of schooling right?  I'm participating in the Dirty Diaper Laundry flats and handwashing challenge.  For more info click the button.


”#FlatsChallenge”


I'm making most of my flats.  I'm buying a dozen Gerber ones that I can use as super thin ones doubling in prefolds, etc.  I'm making the rest from flannel (order from JoAnn's today with code FREE25 and get free shipping on orders over $25) and hemp fleece that I've been saving for a while.  I was going to use the hemp fleece as inserts but I think it will be better suited this way and I will get longer use out of it.

I already cut some white flannel with stars on it as 21"x27" (4 of those) and 6 hemp fleece 27"x27".  The hemp fleece is thick so I don't think I'll be able to fold it small to use as a normal insert but the flannel should work if we want to use it in pockets.  I plan to take a bunch of these and PUL covers with us when we go on our trip to Oregon so I can wash them out and dry them overnight rather than taking a big bulk of diapers or using disposables (and potentially having blowouts).  I plan to blog about my experience :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment