Friday, September 3, 2010

Mommy Corner: What I'm Reading

I'm prepping for delivering our next little monkey.  Monday was supposed to be my last session of my Hypnobirthing class but I was busy getting an IV...






I'm currently reading the new version of LLL's Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and I love it even more than the 7th edition.  I highly recommend it!  It's very down-to-Earth and makes a wonderful gift to an expecting mother.






I just completed (just over a week ago)







And I also highly recommend it-borrow it from the library at least if you're expecting!  I read it during my pregnancy with Monkey but didn't take the class.  I feel much more prepared this second time around and with the class under my belt.  I'll happily share my birth story after Monkey #2 (aka Baby K until he has a nickname) is born.





I also have a big list of other natural birth books I want to read or re-read.  I will post about them as I go.  I think it's very important to keep reading for YOU when you are raising little ones.  I believe it's important for them to SEE you reading and writing too so they get a sense of how important it is.  That's why I'm including this special section I'm naming "Mommy Corner" on this blog.  Here I'll post about what I'm reading and activities I do for me.  I hope you all enjoy this part of my blog-feel free to leave comments and link to what you're doing for you right now :)!  I always love ideas-I usually forget about taking care of myself (hence why my finger nails on one hand haven't been done in weeks...) and need the reminder and more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment