Thursday, January 14, 2010

SO far behind!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is having a good New Year!  I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog!  As many of you may know I also have my own business and I was busy getting things ready for Christmas.  Since the new year my husband's job has been up in the air and we lost another baby.  I've been in mourning for the past week (lost the baby on Friday, hubby's job news came in Wednesday).  We had good intentions to start Tot School last week but didn't make it.  We've been doing other activities in the meantime but less of the Tot School theme.  I hope to organize tomorrow so we can start up again soon.  I will be revising our themes for the rest of my hubby's school year (we're kind of going on the college schedule so we take breaks to spend with daddy-he works full time and is a Chemistry major so we see him about an hour a day but usually it's lunch time).  If anyone has some ideas to share I'd LOVE to hear them.  I plan to also make a new post with all the fun books we use for ideas.  I'll leave you a teaser in the meantime.  If you have a toddler about Monkey's age (he's currently 21 months) you HAVE to buy The Everything Toddler Activities Book and The Toddler Busy Book.  I promise you will love them-if nothing else they have great recipes for craft things (play-dough, glue, finger paints, etc).

Our favorite activity of the past two weeks was playing with goop from The Everything Toddler Activities Book.  Put two parts cornstarch to one part water in a bowl and mix.  It gets a bit tricky.  We did 4 TBS cornstarch and 2 TBS water in a bowl and I let Monkey go to town.  It kept him (and let's be honest-myself too) entertained for at least 20 minutes.  Try it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment