Sunday, July 12, 2009

Other books we have been reading

Just Grandma and Me by Mercer Mayer
I got this book as an older child and didn't read it much since I was starting in to a chapter book phase. However it was really fun reading what little critter and his grandma did at the beach and how he acted grown up but not quite so grown up. We are little critter fans.

The Tortoise and the Hare retold by Mark Schlichting
We loved the pictures in this version. We read many of Aesop's fables before (you can read about it here) but this one was told slightly different. I think I got it as an older child also with a software program or something.

I Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
After hearing Joey read this book on Friends we HAD to get this. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I read this book first towards the end of my pregnancy with Monkey. I bawled as I read the ending. I do it EVERY time I read it to Monkey. He looked at me funny as I read this to him before bed on Tuesday. It's such a beautiful story and it makes me sad that Monkey is going to grow up!

Eight Silly Monkeys illustrated by Steve Haskamp
A classic nursery rhyme turned a little bit more fun. The heads of the monkeys are plastic and go away as you turn each page. This is a great book to teach counting and it's just plain fun too!

Where is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen Katz
This book is sure to get giggles. It's Monkey's favorite. He finds this book and brings it to me to read to him several times per day. Check this one out!!!

Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff (Level 1 I Can Read)
What a fun book! Sammy the seal explores town including someone's bathtub and a school. This is a classic book!

All By Myself by Mercer Mayer (a Little Critter book)
This is also a fun book to read to a toddler who wants to do everything his or herself. This would make a great story to read for bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment