Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mothering Through Breastfeeding: A Breastfeeding Carnival Post Day 12

breastfeedingcafecarnival 
Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival! This post was written as part of the Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about how breastfeeding has changed the way you parent. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th-31st!

Breastfeeding lead me to a whole new way of parenting I didn't even know about or dream of even when I was very first pregnant.

Babywearing: When I was pregnant I learned about babywearing.



I was recommended a pouch sling like the one in the fist picture.  Monkey HATED it!!!  I also was recommended to do the cradle position which several babies ended up dying in that position due to positional asphyxiation.  I do not recommend that position as a Certified Babywearing Educator but it's funny to look back and see the pictures of Monkey and Kangaroo in there.  These are all Kangaroo because Monkey's tiny baby pictures are somewhere else.

When Monkey was 6 weeks I discovered the Sleepy Wrap (now Boba wrap).  This opened the door to my love of babywearing, it cured Monkey's colic.  Eventually I would end up with multiple stretch wraps by Boba, Boba soft structure carriers and being a Boba ambassador.





When I was pregnant with Kangaroo I started getting in to woven wraps.


 When Kangaroo was two I became a Certified Babywearing Educator.  I love wearing Roxy, it's our way of life!

Cloth Diapers: Because of all the blowouts from being breastfed I learned about cloth diapers and eventually started making and selling them.  Now cloth is our way of life.








I also am fortunate to be able to help other breastfeeding moms through LLL meaning my kids are continually exposed to breastfeeding mamas.  Hopefully they will be a difference in the movement to normalize breastfeeding!


Here are more posts by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment